Thursday, August 27, 2026

A02136D - Dolly Parton, Country Music Superstar, Philanthropic Angel, and a Rare Enrollee on My List of the Righteous

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Dolly Parton
Parton in 1977
Born
Dolly Rebecca Parton

January 19, 1946
DiedAugust 25, 2026 (aged 80)
Occupations
Years active1956–2026
Spouse
Carl Dean
(m. 1966; died 2025)
Relatives
AwardsFull list
Musical career
Genres
Instruments
  • Vocals
  • guitar
Works
Labels
Websitedollyparton.com
Signature

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

 By now, virtually everyone has heard about the passing of Dolly Parton




While there has been universal praise for Dolly, what I have found particularly interesting is the response within the African American community.  





In my Memorial Service activities for the Black Alumni of Amherst College, I read a list that includes the names of the White Friends of the Black Alumni.  In my blogging activities, I do not have such a list.  However, I do have a separate blog where I list the people I call the Righteous.  For what it is worth in this World, Dolly Parton will be added to my List of the Righteous. And in remembering her, I encourage everyone to listen to one of her greatest musical collaborations.  


I am sure that the Doors of Heaven have opened wide open for this Angel.

Peace,

Everett "Skip" Jenkins
Class of 1975
August 27, 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment